Personal Lines Industry Experienced Producers
Recognized as a Best Companies to Work for in New York State and IIABA Best Practices Agency, Northern Insuring is expanding into Warren County. Our 35 employee agency offers a positive and progressive culture, work/life balance, robust profit sharing & benefits.
Do you have a successful track record of selling Personal Insurance? Pride yourself on winning and wowing customers? Excel at planning and managing your time to maximize selling opportunities? Can you shake off a “no” and consistently carry on? If so, then we want to talk to you! This position offers the right candidates a fantastic opportunity to earn unlimited income while growing and maintaining a book of business. The successful candidates will be responsible for maintaining and maximizing profitable relationships with clients and for growing the book of business through new client sales.
The ideal candidate must have integrity, excellent organizational and communication skills, a sense of urgency with meeting and exceeding goals, and think entrepreneurially.
The candidate must:
- Identify, qualify and develop insurance opportunities with new and existing clients in person, on-line, by phone and through written communication.
- Foster and maintain excellent relationships with clients and prospects through regular follow up, timely quotations and general account support.
- Actively partner, network and plan for new clients and/or new business opportunities.
- Support and prepare client for renewal and retention and maintain strong client relationships.
- Anticipate, respond to and follow up on all existing client needs.
- Monitor, review and report on key metrics to ensure sales targets are achieved and execute sales activity documentation in a timely and professional manner.
- Collaborate with team members, mentor staff, participate in agency marketing activities, meet/network with carriers and vendors and attend agency functions.
- Stay current on industry changes and maintain CE.
- Display a positive, helpful attitude to help create a friendly environment for clients and co-workers.
- Hold the NYS Property & Casualty Insurance License and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in personal lines
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of insurance products, rating procedures, underwriting procedures, and coverages to effectively secure new business and maintain existing client base.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience.
- Possess strong presentation, persuasion and negotiation skills with the ability to close sales.
- Be people-oriented, client-focused and professionally assertive in developing new client relationships and servicing existing clients.
- Possess outstanding organizational skills with an ability to complete difficult assignments without supervision.
- Demonstrate sound business judgement, strong decision making and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent time management skills with a personal accountability mindset.
- Thrive in a team environment and be a positive team player.
- Have technology and computer proficiency, including agency management systems.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Northern Insuring Agency, Inc.
Tammy Bell-Martin, Associate Vice President