DEENA GILTZ MCCULLOUGH, CIC, CRM, ACC
President & Chief Executive Officer
Phone: 518-561-7000 Ext. 2145
Direct Line: 518-825-2145
Deena is a third generation president and CEO of Northern Insuring Agency (NIA). With a staff of 38, Northern is headquartered in Plattsburgh and has branch offices in Potsdam and Glens Falls. Founded in 1930, agency accolades include Best Practices Agency, Best Companies to Work for in New York State, Galliard Excellence Award and North Country Chamber Business of the Year.
As the leader of NIA, Deena is visionary, experienced and strategic. She appreciates excellence, perseveres, works collaboratively and has an intuitive understanding of team cohesion, dynamics and interpersonal relations. She proactively works with key clients to understand the customers’ business. Her focus is to understand and evaluate risk and exposures to determine appropriate coverage and mitigate risk. Detail-orientated, she makes a plan to keep track of pending items and follows up to ensure completion.
A 1984 cum laude graduate of St. Lawrence University (SLU), Deena has maintained her Certified Insurance Counselor designation for over twenty years, and in 2010 she completed the Certified Risk Manager designation. She is a Gestalt Professional Certified Coach and accredited through the International Coaching Federation as an Associate Certified Coach.
Deena is on the Agents Advisory Council for Acadia Insurance Company (Albany Region), Director of Champlain National Bank and Trustee and Planning Committee Chair of University of Vermont Health Network. She is a Dean’s Advisory Council member and student mentor for the School of Business and Economics at Plattsburgh State University (PSU) and a community board member of PSU and CVPH Medical Center. She is actively involved in the Clinton County Coalition to prevent Suicide, planning an annual event called the Evening of Healing; Stories of Strength and Vinspire; a group of professional women that are committed to inspiring and informing the North Country through free monthly seminars.
As an active SLU alumna she is a mentor to students as part of the Laurentians Investing in Network and Careers (LINC) program.
Deena is past President of St. Lawrence University’s Alumni Executive Council, Child Care Coordinating Council of the North Country, North Country Ballet Ensemble, United Way of the Adirondack Region and Community Providers, Inc. (the parent company of CVPH Medical Center). She is a past board member of numerous organizations including IAAC, Inc. (Member Services Division of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of New York, Inc.).
Personal passions include spending time with friends and family, swimming, gardening, reading, paddle boarding, yoga, skiing, snowshoeing, photography, travelling, being curious, and spending quality time with her Schnoodle puppy, Zoom.
Hoverto see my other passion.
Educational, Professional Societies and Community Involvement:
- St. Lawrence University, B.A. 1984
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) designation
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM) designation
- Property & Casualty License
- Gestalt Professional Certified Coach (GPCC™)
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC™)
- Agents Advisory Council for Acadia Insurance Company (Albany Region)
- Champlain National Bank, Director
- University of Vermont Health Network (UVMHN) – Trustee & Chair, Planning Committee
- Plattsburgh State University, Community Board Member
- UVMHN – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital, Community Board Member
- Plattsburgh State University, School of Business & Economics, Dean’s Advisory Council, Business Advisor and Student Mentor
- St. Lawrence University Laurentians Investing Network and Careers (LINC), Student Mentor
- Clinton County Coalition to Prevent Suicide & An Evening of Healing: Stories of Strength
- Vinspire; Inspiring and Informing the North Country
- Member of the 6-Person Steering Committee for LINC – Listening & Inclusion in the North Country; a growing community coalition envisioned as a catalyst for listening, learning and unifying our region, promoting dialogue, creating connecting opportunities and enabling citizens to grow in understanding and open-mindedness.